Monday, February 23, 2009

Damn You to Hell, Tivo!!!

So like any good Twilight addict, I sat through the Oscars last night - all 3+ hours of it! - primarily to see what Robert Pattinson would bring to the table. Apparently he didn't rate to get a pre-show red-carpet interview on the station I was watching - or maybe I missed it, fine, whatever, I got a late start and didn't have time to channel surf. When he did finally make it to the stage, I was a tad underwhelmed. That little fluff-piece he introduced was totally gratuitous and just an excuse to get him involved, imho. Sure, it was a nice montage, but kind of unnecessary. Let's face it: it didn't really even qualify him as a "presenter" in the technical sense. An "introducer" perhaps... Good to see him up there (shaved! well, sort of...), natch, but they could have made it better.

Later (sooo late here on the East Coast!), in the final moments of the show, with all but the Best Actor and Best Picture awards done and over with and everyone in the audience looking forward to cutting loose at a post-Oscar party, I saw the moment I had been waiting for: the camera pans the audience, and there, lurking behind Mickey Rourke (who was in typically bizarro form - wtf happened to the hot guy from 9 1/2 weeks, anyway?! Sheesh but that dude got hit hard with the ugly stick) was a rather bored looking but undeniably hottie-McHot-hot R-Patts. Even my husband caught it - "isn't that...?" (and he had no idea of my ulterior motives for watching the entire show). Because he is vaguely aware of my Twisessive ways, we simultaneously lunged for the Tivo remote.

Before I get to the part when I condemn my Tivo to eternal hellfire, a little back-story is in order here: although Jenny Jerkface and I have been massively remiss as far as attending to this blog, we've been dutifully taking pictures of our Edward Cullen action figure everywhere he goes (which is, um, everywhere we go... look! he made a snowman last week!! he gets lonely...) and at some point we will get off of our collective lazy asses and get them posted up here so that everyone can be as entertained by them as we have been this last month or so (in the meantime, Lauren at Lauren's Bite had been posting absolutely HYSTERICAL accounts of Edward's Adventures). But a picture of mini-Edward with real-life Rob at the Oscars and wacky Mickey Rourke to boot?! HAD to have it!!!

Anyway, when Robert flashed up on our television screen last night, DH and I both knew that we absolutely positively needed to capture the moment. See that nice pic I nicked from Spunk-Ransom.com via Confessions of a TwiCrack Addict? It should have been MINE (with mini-Edward superimposed on it!). So we paused the Tivo playback. Or tried to... But somehow there was no longer any way to pause it. OH NO - we were out of time!! We made a split-second executive decision to hit "record," which sometimes saves the day, and sometime is ruinous. Of course, this time it was the latter, and not only did I NOT get my pocket-Edward/Robert Pattinson/Mickey Rourke pic, I also didn't get to see the last 5 minutes of the Oscar broadcast. So no seeing the Best Actor or Best Picture for me! It was all I could do to keep myself from flinging the Tivo remote through the television (in truth, this did require some semi-gentle restraining from a second party).

I HATE being thwarted!!

3 comments:

  1. Grrrr...I watched the whole damn oscars and totally saw that part. But since it was before I started reading, I mean obsessing, over Twilight and all things related, I had NO idea he was in the audience. Damn it all to hell. You missed your shot and I saw it and didn't know to look for him. Grrrrrrrrr...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi onlydarcy! bet you could find a clip of it at youtube. or maybe hulu. or if that fails, go check the archives at twicrack addict's blog and i'm sure she posted it!

    that's one of the many reasons i love the internet - nothing is ever really gone/missed forever (for better or for worse - lol...).

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grrrr...I watched the whole damn oscars and totally saw that part. But since it was before I started reading, I mean obsessing, over Twilight and all things related, I had NO idea he was in the audience. Damn it all to hell. You missed your shot and I saw it and didn't know to look for him. Grrrrrrrrr...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are our life now. Leave one!