Friday, November 5, 2010

A Super-Huge [Belated] Twilighty Thank You to Dazzled by Twilight & FOOOORRRKKS!!!

The Dazzled by Twilight Tour bus - now with God rays!

This is long overdue but I guess by now you all are pretty-much accustomed to our lateness and general ineptitude in just about everything we do... And really, it's only been about a month(-ish) since we got back from FOOOORRRKKS!!!, so by our general standards of "late to our own party," we're really not doing THAT bad. But the point of all this is that I would like to take a few minutes to thank Annette and Tim and Becky and all the other fine folks who are in some way part of the Dazzled By Twilight Empire in Forks and thank them for rolling out the red carpet for us...

Let me be as clear as possible here: this trip would have been an unequivocal disaster if Annette's response to our impending descent into her town had been "Those evil, slutty Twitarded tramps want to have a good time in Forks?! Not on my watch!!!" Instead (thankfully), her reaction to the coming twatwaffle parade was more like "Oh thank gawd! You are exactly my brand of Twilight fans and can't wait to meet you all!!!" OK - fine - she didn't paraphrase Edward or Twilight here exactly but I can remember it that way if I want to, right? That was the general gist. Love. Mutual luuurv...

All the bestest Twilight things in the world in one place!

In reality, I just went digging through emails and then remembered that it was a comment on my "I Can't Believe I Am Saying This, But I Want to Go to Forks." post from last JANUARY that was our first awesome Twilighty encounter with Annette and Dazzled By Twilight. And just for the record, if you want to get all choked up, go read the comments on this post - holy fucking shit it is SO amazaballs that so many of the people who were flipping the fuck out as much as JJ and I were about going to Forks made it there with us nine months later (like we had a Twitarded baby and it was all of you!) - it's nuts!!! Anyway, I found the original comment that Annette left, and from this point on, I knew it was going to be allright. As long as I had Annette on Team Twitarded [plus Jenny Jerkface and a shitload of Xanax], I knew everything would be ahhhriiight -

I love the Twitarded blog and am actually an unofficial queen of, that you just haven't met yet. You want to talk about flying a freak flag...I am the owner of DBT et al and cannot wait to meet you ladies [omfg I almost DIED when I read this! She likes us! She really likes us!!!]. You crack me up and I am just like you [SQUEEEE!!!]. We LOVE Twilight fans and enjoy every new experience with every one of them. One point I'd like to make is that though there was no actual filming here (thanks Guv! There SHOULD have been...)the entire town is captured firmly and accurately in the book saga. You will see street names and places that are described to a T, you will also see where Stephenie took a little poetic license with things. But I always get a charge when I am driving through town and hit a street name that is actually in the book. Forks is real my dears, and the possibility of shapeshifting werewolves and vampires is present in every rain drop. Come see me when you are here, we will have BIG fun!!! Annette

BIG fun is right!!! I can't even begin to fathom what this trip would have been had it not been for Annette making us welcome in her adopted hometown. I fell in love with Annette and her husband Tim and have such respect for them. I was just blown away by the fact that she pretty much uprooted her life to follow this dream of running a Twilighty empire in Forks, Washington. You can read the story of how Annette helped put the Twilight in the sleepy logging town of Forks HERE! I definitely recommend it! All of the people who work in the DbT outlets - be it the bar, restaurant, store, or on the tour bus (which I thought would be totally corny but was a TON of fun - thanks, Travis!) were friendly and genuinely nice. Which was just too refreshing and unexpected for words, really (I clearly need to get out of New Jersey more, or something - I had no idea there were such nice people out there, apparently).

The next best thing to having Edward & the Cullens there to welcome us. No kidding.

And lest I forget to thanks some of the other folks who were instrumental in making this trip happen, I have to give a big shout-out to Becky at Dazzled By Twilight, who along with VitaminR70 worked tirelessly on hammering out the details of what would happen when during our stay. Were it not for these two, we would have been sitting in the parking lot of the Forks Motel wondering whose room we would be squishing into for a meet-up - they arranged it all for us! Thank you, Becky! And thank you, VitaminR, our West Coast bestie/doppelganger!

And speaking of the Forks Motel, they deserve a nod as well for putting up with us and our late-nite shenanigans for the weekend (who was it throwing rocks at my second floor window again??? You know who you are lol!!) . I would have to imagine that we were a liiiitle different from the average Twilight crew swooping into town! But from the get-go when we chose them as our motel of choice despite the fact that they did not offer Twilight-themed rooms but because they were NICE on the phone, they pulled through for us and then some!

All full up with Twitards - run for your life!

Dangrdafne, who is nicer and classier than me, JJ, and LKW put together, was kind enough to send them a thank-you after her visit, and their response was characteristic of the hospitality they showed us during our stay - whether we were asking for a few extra towels or running past them on the balcony carrying a FSE and a Twilight poster. They were impeccably gracious.


"Thank you for staying with us, we truly enjoyed having such a nice group of folks visit us. We would love to have you all back as soon as possible. Maybe you might want to consider making this a yearly event, we would certainly work out a special deal with your group if you were interested. By the way, we would really appreciate if you would write a review for us on tripadvisor.com to share your experience. A lot of folks use this website now a days to determine where to stay and it is really good advertising to have such nice feedback.

Thank you,
Forks Motel"

Um yup! Heading to Trip Advisor now to tell the Twilighty world at large how much we enjoyed their hospitality...

I'm just going to come out and say at this point that when we first started bantering back and forth about "TwitardedCon2010" back in late 2009, Forks was not even on my radar. I never imagined I would ever go there. It seemed...well, preposterous that you could go to this little town that has these strange ties to the Twilight Saga but is in the middle of the woods and have such an awesome time. But honestly, the whole thing was a home run (vampire-baseball style!) from start to finish and now I couldn't imagine NOT going back again next year. I knew that going to Forks would allow us to let our freak flags fly, but I never imagined that every single person (almost) that we'd interact with would be so damn nice! It was a wonderful experience and I thanks the people of Forks in general for their warm welcome.

For me, I think that this summed up so much of the trip in the smallest exchange of words - the Saturday morning after we all went nuts doing karaoke with the locals in the Twilight Lounge, I walked across the street to Mocha Motion (that little Fotomat-y trailer/espresso bar across from the Forks Motel) to get caffeine and croissants for Myg and JJ (and me - I was hunkered down with Myg helping put the finishing touched on Osa Bella!), I had a local guy saunter over to me from his truck. When he got closer, he shouted "What in the WORLD were you crazy Twilight ladies up to last night?!" and I said "I'll never tell!" and he said "I've been around here for twenty years, and the last few years have been crazy, but I have NEVER seen anything like what I saw last night before."

And THAT, my friends, is what it was all about. It's never been done like that before. And it won't be again. Until we do it again next year.

42 comments:

  1. Man we took that town by storm. Seriously, fantastic from start to finish. They really deserve major props for putting up with our tomfoolery.

    Someone threw ROCKS at your window?!?! WTF were they thinking?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was EPIC - Just like we said it would be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that's me in your post *blushes*

    My parents taught me to always thank people for their kindness and/or good service. Since I received both at the Forks Motel, I had to let them know.

    I hope we get the chance to take them up on their offer of a group deal again ;)

    I would also like to say thank you to everyone who had anything to do with putting this whole trip together. It was truly the trip of a lifetime and I am so happy I was able to go and meet all of you. Until next time, hugs to you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love! I'm so happy to hear more about the Forks trip because I've been dying for every little detail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I read everyone's comments just Post Forks, where everyone was saying PLEASE LET'S DO THIS AGAIN NEXT YEAR!

    And now here's STY saying of course we'll do this again next year...

    Seems to me this is the first confirmation of the hope, and deserves a big SQUEE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suffering from a serious case of Post Forks Depression...js

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, one of the best rips of my life. I have never been so happy as to have been with "my people."

    Love you all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I've been banging on about this for some time now, but PLEASE have another FOOORRRKKKSSSS trip in 2011! I am already starting my savings plan to fly out and join you. My vote is for August....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yesterday I found my FORKS Twitarded wooded fork in my purse. Today I found my Forks to-do list in my purse. A sign that we should go back? (and that I should clean out my purse)

    I've said it before (via twitter/comments/emails) and I'll say it again. FOOOOORKS was one of the best trips of my life. I wasn't quite sure what to expect but it exceeded ALL of my expectations big time. I definitely think it would be more fun 2nd time around because everyone has gotten to know each other and it will just be like a drunk reunion! PLUS all the people who couldnt go last time (I'm lookin at you TK!) can go!

    And wait wait wait...."almost" everyone was nice?? Who wasn't nice?!?! I'll kick some ass if I have to. Or write a mean letter...I'm kind of a pussy.

    Can't WAIT for FOOORKS 2011. All of the Tweets are getting me so pumped up. Even though they're just people trying to put the idea out there..and I'll fully admit I've stirred the pot more than once on the twitterverse. :) I will totes help plan it in any way I can. I finished planning my high school reunion while in Forks for the next weekend. It's no biggie :)

    LETS DO THIS!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hell Yah! Lets Dooooo it! FFFFooorrks 2011!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CC---you totally threw rocks at her window, didn't you. You weren't killing frogs like you said you were...I know it.

    Fist of all, I squeed when i saw "amazaballs" in this post because, well...it is a creation of mine. Rather proud of that one.

    HUGE thank you to all the Dazzled By Twilight people who saw me in my pajamas and didn't laugh when I went to get my cell phone that I left behind. Everything was amazaballs.

    I would also like to thank that nice young man in the little diner across the street that was the cashier, seater, waiter, and bus boy (depending on the apron he took on and off). You were sweet and clearly overworked. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm squeeeing already for 2011. My lame ass had to rain-check this event like a chilly bustle of wind last minute. An annual event would be the bomb! *Thanks to Amber for sending me some Forks love via the Twitarded bracelet and the OP shirt. It was almost like being there...sort of, close enough.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you guys had such a kick-ass time in Forks! I would love to join you all for the next TwiTrip (if I can get my scaredy-cat ass on the plane - no, I've never flown before, believe it or not). I live in NJ, so we're talkin' cross-country here, yikes! I'm new 'round here, but I think Mrs P lives in NY? If so, could we fly together & would you hold my hand? LOL, J/K! No, really, would you?

    Sorry for the ramble...

    xo T xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. everything about Forks was so fun and exceeded so many of our expectations. Annette was WONDERFUL and poured the biggest redheaded slut shots I've ever gotten (that was obviously an excellent evening).

    My first favorite part was going into Dazzled by Twilight late in the day on Sunday for "one last trip" and the staff was wearing Twitarded Buttons and wrist bands. They loved us and we loved them - what a freekin forks love fest.

    My second favorite part was making some awesome new friends who i adore and talk to almost every day even though we are different ages and live 1,500 miles apart.

    if another trip is in the works for the future I'll be back again :) Thanks for Forks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully put STY! And thank you for the shout-out. I had such a fucking ridiculously good time. Everyone was amazing.

    I have my calendar ready....let's do this!

    XOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  16. I couldnt do the trip this year as RL sucked in Sept /Oct. But there have been changes in my like - good ones that.....If there is a trip for next year I would love to be a "newborn" and meet all of you awesome ladies (or twatwaffles?)
    My Husband will think Im insane flying accrss country to meet "strangers" in FFoooorrrrrrkkkkkkssssss - of ALL places. Forks home of the Twilight (hearing angels singing)

    Arrange the dates and I will start the hiding money for it. So bail money wasnt needed on the trip?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have absolutely NO idea how I will be able to orchestrate getting to FORKS2011, but, dammit, I'm am SO gonna try!!!!

    May have to take out a 2nd mortgage for the flight across the pond, and I KNOW my family will think I'm totally nuts, but hey ho - why not fly the freak flag once in a while????

    Looking forward to hearing the deets so I can put in for annual leave and start saving!

    CC x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jumping up and down like Alice Cullen:

    Please, Please, Please, Please, PLEASE can we do it again!!!!!

    I had a great time and would so be there again!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't thank everyone involved with TwitardedCon2010 for their hard work in planning which resulted in some of the greatest memories of my life! Annette was outstanding (and Tim & Becky too)! The Forks Motel was clean and a bargain! The staff pleasant and very tolerant of our antics. Special thanks to JJ, STY, LKW, Myg, Vitamin R, and everyone else who had a hand in making our trip special. I'm talking the bracelets, the wooden forks, Red Bella and her awesome panties! Ok I'll just thank EVERYBODY because everyone made it awesome! (I love you Double Dippin!)

    Thank fuck for twitter and facebook. I've conversed with someone everyday since returning. Our bonds will be stronger the next time we meet! For those who couldn't get to Forks, make every attempt to go if/when there's a FORKS2011. You won't regret taking out that second mortgage or leaving the kids with Dad for a few days. I'm just dying to meet TK, I_Heart_Fifty and AdonicaSS, you twatwaffles better fucking be there!!

    w/v renesti Possibly a better name choice than Renesmee.

    ReplyDelete
  21. still looking for my vampNovember 6, 2010 at 11:23 AM

    Please, please, please do it again! Set the dates and I will immediately start whoring myself out in downtown Phoenix so I can afford to go!!!

    PPPPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEEEEE!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Holymuthafuckinarmadillohumpingchrist! You just re-ignited my Fooorrrkkksss 2011 fire! Not that it doesn't get lit every time I get a tweet/email/bday card/fb tag from all of y'all...

    ANNETTE! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! I miss you bunches and can't FUCKING wait to put my Forks ...fork... ON THE CHRISTMAS TREE!

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Mrs_P -First of all - I'd never kill a frog. Amphibians are our friends.

    Second, are you accusing me of throwing rocks!??! *gasps* Puhleeazzze, I'd never do that. Whore.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm really glad I went to Forks was on the fence for awhile, but I made it, and having done it... was sooo happy I did(not enough time there) I will book for a week or so next trip. I loved the town and the people and all you FORKERS were all so very real, and fun to be around(looking forward to actually conversing with more of you) Annette and Tim were amazingly gracious. And to the EXEC'S (JJ,STY,LKW) and everyone else VitR, TK, MYG, you girls rock..I love chatting with my Forkers,and miss our dancing, singing, happy times..We will def have to have a beach day next time the weather was sooo sweet..Prettiest place I've been to by far..Counting down the days till TWITARDED 2011.....much love to you all..you really are my life now..
    LET'S GET A DATE FOR FORKS 2011 soon..Oh And where's waldo?I mean Gus Gus with all the pics and vids??? Can't wait to see em.. I LOVE YOU ALL.*BIG GROPEY FONDELS*

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awwww, now I miss Forks! My trip was just a measly 2 weeks before yours. I've loved reading about all your crazy escapades I'm only sorry I wasn't there at the same time! So I'm stoked to hear that this might actually become a yearly trip, or at least that it will happen again.

    Enjoy your weekends, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMFG You want to do this again next year???

    My cheap ass couldn't see traveling accross the country to Forks with Twitarded when I had just been there a couple months before. Of course I have really, really regretted that decision. I'm starting to save for the 2011 trip TODAY. See you there.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Forks was probably the best trip of my life and I can't wait for Forks2011! We need this trip like we need oxygen!

    Thank you so much for putting everything together. It was amazing. And DBT was the coolest. Travis even offered me a job.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A wonderful thank you, Ms. Snarky. And I think you have up to a year to thank someone, according to some really old Miss Manners memory rattling around in my brain! So, technically, you are just about right on time!

    I would also like to say a big THANKS to Dazzled by Twilight. They were great, from the bar wenches to Travis and the tour folks to the awesome chicks working at the store!

    Thanks to everyone that helped with this awesome trip! I think we left a permanent stain (that's what she said!) on the little town of FOOOORRRKKKKSSSS!!!

    Can't wait to do it again :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  29. Forks 2010 was awesome! We definitely need to do it again! (Why do I start tearing up everytime I see a Forks-y post? I dunno...)

    @LivingWEdward - Of course Travis offered you a job! He said he wouldn't forget our tour! :-)

    Here's to Forks 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I REALLY hope this is towards the end of the year so I can talk my husband into letting me go to TWO twilight related things next year. *prays*

    ReplyDelete
  31. I know it has been said a million times, but the FOOOORKS Twitardicon 2010 was one of the best trips I've ever taken! I was fortunate enough to take my mom and we had the time of our lives! I've never met so many like-minded people who can relate to not only certain intricacies of my life, *wink wink* but who also understand my Robward/Twilight obsession.

    Everybody was so welcoming and the Town of Forks was surprisingly tolerant of our fan-girl takeover. I cannot wait until we go back! There are so many more hiking trails that I didn't get a chance to check out, and I'd just about give my husband's left nut to go back to the Hoh. I know there has been some talk on Twitter about next year, the where's and the when's, but as long as you h00rs are all there, I don't care if we go to Denali, Alaska... how cool would that be!? Psst... the ratio of men to women in Alaska is WAY tipped in our favor, ladies. ;)

    I've met some of the most amazing ladies that I take such pleasure in continuing friendships with both online and in person. You guys are like sisters to me, and our trip felt like a big family reunion. I MISS ALL YOU LADIES!

    ReplyDelete
  32. A big "yes" vote for Foooooorks2011!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. OMGWTFBBQ we're going baaaaaaaack!!!!!

    Seriouly - Annette, Tim, Travis, everyone who worked on this trip and was so kind to us while we were there, you ROCK! You had every excuse to be totally annoyed at the 't-waffle parade' as STY so aptly described us (snort), but you were gracious, welcoming, and so very nice. This was more than just a crazy weekend in a small town - much more. My lingering PFD can attest to that. Thank you for EVERYTHING! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  34. A big "yes" vote for Foooooorks2011!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Forks was probably the best trip of my life and I can't wait for Forks2011! We need this trip like we need oxygen!

    Thank you so much for putting everything together. It was amazing. And DBT was the coolest. Travis even offered me a job.

    ReplyDelete
  36. OMFG You want to do this again next year???

    My cheap ass couldn't see traveling accross the country to Forks with Twitarded when I had just been there a couple months before. Of course I have really, really regretted that decision. I'm starting to save for the 2011 trip TODAY. See you there.

    ReplyDelete
  37. A wonderful thank you, Ms. Snarky. And I think you have up to a year to thank someone, according to some really old Miss Manners memory rattling around in my brain! So, technically, you are just about right on time!

    I would also like to say a big THANKS to Dazzled by Twilight. They were great, from the bar wenches to Travis and the tour folks to the awesome chicks working at the store!

    Thanks to everyone that helped with this awesome trip! I think we left a permanent stain (that's what she said!) on the little town of FOOOORRRKKKKSSSS!!!

    Can't wait to do it again :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  38. Jumping up and down like Alice Cullen:

    Please, Please, Please, Please, PLEASE can we do it again!!!!!

    I had a great time and would so be there again!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Yesterday I found my FORKS Twitarded wooded fork in my purse. Today I found my Forks to-do list in my purse. A sign that we should go back? (and that I should clean out my purse)

    I've said it before (via twitter/comments/emails) and I'll say it again. FOOOOORKS was one of the best trips of my life. I wasn't quite sure what to expect but it exceeded ALL of my expectations big time. I definitely think it would be more fun 2nd time around because everyone has gotten to know each other and it will just be like a drunk reunion! PLUS all the people who couldnt go last time (I'm lookin at you TK!) can go!

    And wait wait wait...."almost" everyone was nice?? Who wasn't nice?!?! I'll kick some ass if I have to. Or write a mean letter...I'm kind of a pussy.

    Can't WAIT for FOOORKS 2011. All of the Tweets are getting me so pumped up. Even though they're just people trying to put the idea out there..and I'll fully admit I've stirred the pot more than once on the twitterverse. :) I will totes help plan it in any way I can. I finished planning my high school reunion while in Forks for the next weekend. It's no biggie :)

    LETS DO THIS!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'm squeeeing already for 2011. My lame ass had to rain-check this event like a chilly bustle of wind last minute. An annual event would be the bomb! *Thanks to Amber for sending me some Forks love via the Twitarded bracelet and the OP shirt. It was almost like being there...sort of, close enough.

    ReplyDelete
  41. https://motian.org/
    https://motian.org/true-keto-1800/
    https://crra.wildapricot.org/COVID19/8870178##11093306
    https://latina-zdarma.cz/forum/thread/251-preklad#506815
    https://www.michaelbane.tv/forum/index.php?topic=34121.0

    ReplyDelete
  42. https://motian.org/
    https://motian.org/true-keto-1800/
    https://crra.wildapricot.org/COVID19/8870178##11093306
    https://latina-zdarma.cz/forum/thread/251-preklad#506815
    https://www.michaelbane.tv/forum/index.php?topic=34121.0
    http://altenergylab.ru/blogs/s-prazdnikom-8-marta-/#comment1

    ReplyDelete

Comments are our life now. Leave one!