Monday, August 15, 2011

FORKS UPDATE: We Want You! To Help Us Decorate...And Clean.



Good evening my twatwaffle-y friends. I hope Monday was better to you than it was to me. Monday usually makes me feel like I was gang-raped by gorillas and today was no exception. I'm sure it was just payback for taking a long weekend.


In this edition of the Forks Update, I'd like to talk to you about decorating. Decorating is fun and we need your help! You see, since we're invading the Forks Elks Lodge this year, chances are slim there will be even one measly poster of Edward Cullen's mug and we thought it might be fun to fancy the place up a bit. Here's where you all come in. We're looking for a group of maybe 5-10 volunteers to be in charge of all things decoration-related. Just think of it like that prom committee you were on (or not) in high school, except everyone will be way cooler and possibly drunk.

Here's the kicker... the Elks Lodge, er, Elks dudes are very strict about what we can and can't do. Mostly what we can't do. We can't use tape or tacks to hang anything so we'll have to get really creative. And we CANNOT use glitter. The penalty for the glitter offense is... well, I'm not sure, but I NEVER want to find out. Those Elks dudes might have a really big chest freezer in the basement... like someone else I know. *whistles innocently*

THEY WILL RIP US APART AND BURN THE PIECES, PEOPLE. And I'm pretty sure if that kills a Cullen, it'll do us in for sure.

This place needs a woman's touch!

We will also be responsible for leaving the Lodge in the same state it was in -- which I'm assuming is relatively clean and sans any Twilight-y loving touches. I'm sure JJ, STY and I will be randomly picking shit up as the night goes on but we'd love to have some help in this department. I doubt it will be a huge undertaking since no one will be starting any food fights... lest they want to end up in a certain (fairly empty) freezer deep in the Maine boonies.

So if you're interested in either the decorating or cleaning committee, please email me ASAP -- latchkeywife207@gmail.com -- and let me know your interest. It might be good to coordinate with some people who will be driving and might be willing to bring along an FSE or some posters. I would think between the lot of us, there will be lots of Twi-stuff!

Thank you muchly... and OMFG! 45 more days!!

PS: If you haven't booked your Twilight Tour yet, click here!!

24 comments:

  1. Because its in my nature, I will help clean..and whatever...can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - I meant to clarify -- you can use tape as long as it's not going to peel off the paint on the walls. So maybe masking tape or that fun tak stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - thanks for the tape clarification! I see red and black crepe paper streamers in my future! I sent you email, but I'm definitely in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in... I'd email you but I think it's your turn. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in for cleaning as well. Someone has to keep an eye on Jaime ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. can we use the blue painters tape? is it okay if we're drunk when we're cleaning up? the drunk factor is a major factor on if i will volunteer for this committee! oh and IM NOT CLEANING UP ANYONES VOMIT!!!!!! *prayes to the twigods* nobody that comes to Forks better be a puker! START TRAINING YOUR LIVERS NOW HOORS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a shitty decorator, if you saw my house you'd understand. I am awesome at cleaning... again...if you saw my house you'd understand. I'm well experienced at cleaning up after the party while still half tanked.

    See ya in 6 weeks h00rs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can volunteer the making of any banners, extra large images etc on the bertha of all printers that I have. I have the capacity to print 44" wide by .... I have news print paper that I can use for banners and heavier paper to user for large images.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Libby I'm totally a puker but I'll save it for the toilet. Or the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to everyone who's offering to help us make this trip awesome! I have a feeling the Elks Lodge is going to have a Twilighty make-over - lol...

    And fwiw, I find that wandering around picking up things during parties is very good for managing my anxiety. People have been known to forcibly remove empty cups from my hands in an effort to make me socialize. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I lurve decorating. I'd be willing to bring stuff (or mail stuff to the Forks Motel...whatev), decorate, and/or clean-up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can help clean up. Finally my OCD tendencies will come in handy!

    And since I'm paying my sister's way, she'll help too. I gotta collect my "sister tax" somehow. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. sending you email

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey y'all. I just spoke with my closest co-worker who is BIG in the Does (female part of Elks). Here is her advise.

    Blue painter's tape will not tear paint off of walls. Many Elks lodges have a drop ceiling with tiles just like in offices. Get some of that clear string you sporty types use for fishing & hange stuff from the ceiling.

    I'll be more than happy to help if I can find a way to visit Forks for under $800. The forum eats all my comments, so don't even consider recommending I go there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Twitarded Mom -- thanks for the tips - that will be very helpful. And sorry you can't make it to Forks... :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. LKY- Good news. I finally manned up and decided to go. Since my birthday is in a few weeks I'm asking the parent's for $$$ for Forks trip to be my presents.

    One more decorating idea. 3M makes a line called Commmand for haning things on walls, then taking them down without leaving any marks. Even 50 left marks when he was in Command. tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm down. I'll just bring a long little bee-och beer. :-)

    WV: jingle

    ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LTTP... What else is new. Count me in to decorate. I will be so sleep deprived by the time I get there that there is probably no way that I'll make it to the end of the party for clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. what kind of swanky decor are we decoratin with? Can we bring stuff? I'm in if you need me...

    ReplyDelete
  20. well shit...that was stupid...I, twipolartard_wife posted the above comment. guess i can't help if ya don't know who to yell at

    ReplyDelete
  21. Being a vampire has certain limitations, but it can also be a ton of fun. Your extra strengths and abilities can make you successful in almost every endeavor you participate in and before you know it the money and acquaintances will come streaming in. You can build wealth and gain prestige and notoriety and attempt things you may never have even considered as a human. One thing you will definitely have more of is time. Beef up your education and learn all you every wanted to. Travel the world to see things most people only ever see on TV This is going to be especially fun if you turned to share your life with one of us. Let us show you the wonders of the world. Learn new languages, go skydiving or scuba dive with sharks, visit the African safari. You no longer need to be scared of nature or wildlife – you will have become the worlds strongest predator. Have fun with it and your life as a vampire can be more fulfilling than you ever dreamed. Explore, experiment, experience and get excited. There’s a big world out there with lots to see and do and as a vampire, you can do it all. If your dream is to become a powerful person in life contact: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are our life now. Leave one!