Monday, November 14, 2011

The Hunger Games: 130 More Days!!

**Possible spoilers ahead**

I hate Mondays. I'm sure I'm not alone in my utter hatred for this particular day (unless it's a holiday, and then I love it.) It signifies the end of the weekend and the start of a grueling five day wait until the weekend arrives again. Mondays were my mortal enemy... until today.


Today was a most excellent Monday. Not only is the Breaking Dawn premiere in LA tonight (I'm sure we'll talk about that more about that at some point), but today the official Hunger Games trailer was released and OH MY FUCKING GAWD this movie is going to be so FUCKING AWESOME!! It seems like so so long ago Jenny Jerkface wrote her post about this series that got me to get off my ass and read it. If you happened to be hanging out under a rock today and missed it, here it is. Be sure to make it full screen to get the full effect of its awesomeness.


I really don't know where to start except that I have a major girl crush on Jennifer Lawrence and I think she makes the most amazing Katniss Everdeen EVER! I honestly can't think of another actress that could even come close. I'm sure had I lived in District 12, Katniss and I would be total BFFs and I would braid her hair and she would teach me how to handle a bow and we'd kill all sorts of shit together. We'd have a fucking freezer full!!

I kinda want to make out with her.

When reading the book, I don't remember getting emotional -- but this trailer really got to me. I got chills and nearly broke down sobbing when Prim's name is read during the Reaping. Come to think of it, I had goose bumps throughout the entire preview. I'm convinced this movie is going to kick serious ass.

Liam Hemsworth will make a great Gale -- he has to! He needs this role to make up for that ridiculously stupid Miley Cyrus movie he was in. And he's super cute. I'm still not entirely sold on Josh Hutcherson as Peeta. I pictured Peeta as a tad more manly, Josh is a little too boyish for my taste. Can you tell whose team I'm on?

Those eyes.... *swoons*

Some of the other casting was so spot on it makes me jumpy clap with glee! Donald Sutherland as President Snow -- *mwah* perfecto! I love him so much when he plays an asshole. And Stanley Tucci as Caesar Flickerman, I can't think of anyone better. Loving the blue ponytail. I'm very excited to see how Woody Harrelson pulls off Haymitch. He shouldn't have too many problems playing drunk. My one complaint -- Lenny Kravitz as Cinna -- not really my first choice, but then I really didn't have a choice for him. I hope he proves me wrong.

I'm not sure I could have imagined it more perfectly in my brain -- especially the scenery. Wow! I have chills I tell you, CHILLS! If you haven't read the books, what the fuck are you waiting for? Do it!

Down with the Capitol!

24 comments:

  1. This movie is going to be EPIC. I've watched the trailer a few times and I have chills just talking about it. Can't. Freaking. Wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lenny Kravitz is also the one I'm worried about. I love him actually and he was fabulous in precious but I pictured Cinna much more slight and not as manly and built as Kravitz. Honestly as I was reading the books I pictured a black Allan Cumming... and I don't think there is one of those in real life.

    I've never liked the casting of Woody Harrelson though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have watched this trailer easily a dozen times today. Now THIS looks like a well-made movie. Scenery and cinamatography appear spot-on. I'm coming around on the casting of Katniss and Cinna, and am now totally sold on Josh as Peeta <3. Rue and Prim are adorable. Still sad that Phillip Seymour Hoffman isn't Haymitch, who is my second-favorite character after the boy with the bread.

    I am so freaking excited to see this movie!! Team Peeta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noooooooo!

    Fuck it! I'ma hafta break down and read these fuckin' stories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for this movie, but I can't stop laughing at how they dressed Haymitch in this movie.

    I see him and all I can think is Chris Elliot's character in Scary Movie 2 with the gimpy hand. Seriously, put a photo of them side by side. You will laugh

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, this movie looks like it's going to be amazing. As MyAfterCar said, the scenery and cinematography appear to be just perfect. I don't have a crush on Jennifer Lawrence, but she still seems to be perfect for the roll...though I think KStew coulda' done it..but now she's rockin' SWATH ;)

    XO J

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much going on today,Breaking Dawn black carpet was awesome! but this was EPIC for sure.. I can not wait for the movie. I think Lenny K will surprise us all. It looks to be a fucktastic movie.. I may need to re-read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've got Chris Hemsworth in SWATH & Liam Hemsworth in HG, Hollywood is being taken over by the Hemsworth hotties! Sadly I didn't pocture him as Gale so hopefully he does a good job. Overall it looks epic. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I saw it this morning, I was a sobbing mess by the end. It's going to be.....AMAZING.

    And I COMPLETELY agree w. you about Cinna. I imagined someone tall and lean...with a neck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOLY SHIT this looks really good!

    I am SO #TeamGALE. I am so excited that LKW is too.... I assume.

    Only thing I'm scared of now is that the NZ release date doesn't seem to have been released. The books haven't been big here so I really hope we get the movie... eek.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh shit @TwiKiwi50, you got me worried about an Australian release date but apparently we get it the same time as the States. Your more than welcome to pop over the ditch & we can go together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely agree. This movie is gearing to be the next big thing. I love Josh Hutherson as Peeta. At first I didn't see it. But that was until I saw him in makeup and blonde hair. And Liam, which is my sons name, is spot on as Gale.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @SLSookie - I really hope we get it the same time as you. If not, it better be soon after! Where in Oz are you? I go over a few times a year for conferences.... (ps not sure if you're on twitter, but if you are, come find me!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy sheep balls! That was AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  15. holy shit balls. *chills* Epic, seriously epic. Can't freaking wait until this comes out! Jennifer Lawrence makes a PERFECT Katniss. What a week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am beyond excited for this movie. This HAS to be the next big thing, the next triology that I watch over and over and over again.

    Jennifer Lawrence nailed it. Not sure how I feel about Gale but I do like Peeta now.

    Originally, I was a little upset that they had cast Lenny Kravitz as Cinna but after seeing the trailer I think he's going to make a really amazing Cinna.

    I did think that Woody Harrelson would make a great Haymitch but WHAT DID THEY DO TO HIM??? He looks like a dumbass in the short time he was in trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The trailer yesterday gave me ACTUAL chills! I am SOOO excited for this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This does look like it's going to be good. If they had cast KStew I would've boycotted, but then again... I'm NOT team KStew.

    Funny, I pictured Cinna as a slim Morrissey. I don't know why. Maybe it was because at the time I was also reading There Is A Light by BellaDonnaCullen and she has a Hunger Games Epilogue Fic that is the reason I finally broke down and read these stories (I love her writing).

    ReplyDelete
  19. I actually just finished reading the trilogy a couple of weeks ago and am VERY PSYCHED to see this movie come March! I am not 100% sure on all the casting (like everyone...) but it seems like it will be a well-done adaptation *cough*forachange*cough*.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah, Summit should take notes on how to adapt a fucking book to screen! Not a bad wig in sight. (Except for the ones that were supposed to be bad!)
    I saw the casting for this as I was halfway through book 1 so all of these guys are exactly how I pictured them! I cannot waaaaait!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks amazing & I can't wait to see it. I got goosebumps when she was being raised up into the arena at the end. BUT I can't BELIEVE you guys aren't posting about Rob's 'just the tip' interview!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I, too, had reservations about Josh Hutcherson... that is, until I saw him on GMA this week! In person he seems very confident, relaxed, assertive, and mature, so I think he's going to be a great Peeta. March 23 can't come fast enough!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is gonna be so fucking epic. SO FUCKING EPIC, I SAY!!! I have seen this trailer so many times in the past 36 hours...It's my only NON-BD:BtS activity. It just look so...Perfect.

    I might have to switch to Team Gale, if only for the movies...Liam is fuckhawt compared to Josh, and Lenny as Cinna? I love it, but mostly because I can't figure out who would be better. Oh, I'm also STOOPID excited about Donald as Snow. I will love watching him be a grade-A asshole for three movies.

    I could talk about this for hours, but I need to prepare for BD. And then go see it again. And again.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I guess I need to watch the trailer again - the one I saw before BD1 was not that exciting to me for some reason. I loved the book (I am halfway through #2) and I think Jennifer is going to be great. I will watch it again when I get home.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are our life now. Leave one!