Sunday, January 15, 2012

Who needs a new internet time-suck?! YOU DO!

Everyone needs a good distraction, right? I'm vaguely reluctant to tell you about my new favorite time-suck as there is the possibility that you will forsake Twitarded for the shiny new toy, but I trust you. Mostly.

I recently discovered Imgur. We are woefully behind the times and/or late on just about everything, so you might already be haunting this site, but humor me. It's basically funny pictures. Who doesn't like funny pictures?! I'm long-winded but not really great at actually explaining things, so I'll let the images speak for themselves. Below is a ridiculously random sampling of the photos you'll find on Imgur:

For the sake of full disclosure, let me come right out and admit that there is not a lot of this - 

huminnahumminahummina...

...but it's still - strangely! - genuinely enjoyable. Sometimes people just post cool photos of their relatives- 

Three generations of awesome.

...and as the laws of cute internet time-waster sites require, there are a LOT of great pet photos. Because really, outside of the Twidom, what is the internet really for other than entertaining yourself with cute dog and cat pictures? 

I want one. All of it.



But wait! There's more!

This one made me think of Latchkey Wife...

I don't have kids but I feel your pain...

 Come closer, mailman...

Baby hamsters!!!

Anti-snooze-alarm clock (please just get a new clock, whoever you are).

Not on Imgur either, but you wouldn't need an alarm clock if you had this in your bed. j/s.

Plus there are funny memes...



...and the people who respond ("Dumb Guy Poses" below) -



There are also lots of awesome gifs, but I don't know how to copy a gif into the blog, so you'll just have to take my word for it (and if you know how, please send me detailed instructions).

There is the usual plethora of hot chicks in geek regalia. If you have boobs and anything resembling a storm-trooper outfit, you will find love here. As long as your definition of love is fap fodder, there won't be any problems.

In fact, my only minor problem with Imgur is that according to their FAQ section, "Imgur" is pronounced "imager-er" or "imager." But I guess it's the interwebs and if you want to say that ";oskhd;hbxlkjhbg" is pronounced "Smooches!" and enough people believe you, then more power to you.

8 comments:

  1. I was reading this while going to the bathroom but I pooped too fast. Kind of ironic based on that pic you posted!

    Um... to post a gif. on a blog, I think I usually just upload it like a picture and it works but I haven't blogged in so long that I could be wrong. Fail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went to this site like a fly to a light, and found this:
    http://imgur.com/gallery/EVKY3

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jaymes805 - I haven't tried it in a while - but I'll have to give it another shot and cross my fingers!

    @dowde - you really CAN'T escape Twilight - lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn you STY, damn you and your Imgur! *goes back to gigglesnorting at Imgur instead of working*

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Nix - What??? It's just a few pictures...no harm in that...just a few...I just want to look at a few more...thousand...pictures before I get anything done today...

    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy shit! This is why I love you guys. You find the most innapropriate, yet relevant, shit on the internet. The pooped too fast is so true! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I spent four straight hours on Imgur yesterday. It's entirely your fault I have no clean clothes now.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are our life now. Leave one!