Sunday, February 12, 2012

Breaking Dawn 2 Sneak Peek Footage!

So here in this corner of the world, the Breaking Dawn dvd was released at midnight on Friday (my heart goes out to TwiKiwi50, who has to wait FIVE WEEKS until the dvd is available in New Zealand). I'll confess to not having done my homework on this topic, but sadly, it doesn't appear that any of the assorted dvd packages out there are chock full of super-duper extras like Robsten commentary and deleted scenes. And by "deleted scenes," of course I am referring to the boom-chicka-wow-wow unrated director's cut that we were all secretly hoping someone would be able to slip past Stephenie Meyer. No dice. Sorry. Even Stephenie said "I have no idea what all is on [the dvd], and I've got my fingers crosses for some of my favorite scenes that didn't make it into the movie", so I guess we're all in for a wee bit disappointed on some level.

But the Target version DID include a short Breaking Dawn 2 Sneak Peek! Fine, so it's not additional sexy honeymoon time, but it'll do, I suppose. With the same director (and of course screenwriter) and everything filmed at the same time, it's not like we don't know what to expect, which diminished the "OMGHJMFHFBBQ what is this next movie going to look like and how bad will the makeup look?!" suspense that has tantalized us prior to getting our dirty mitts on clips from previous releases  But still...



Keep in mind that this stuff was filmed by people standing in front of a television at a Target sometime around midnight-ish on Friday... It ain't easy to hold a camera/flip-cam/cell phone cam perfectly still for several minutes, so be nice. Also the audio is dicey, so this first clip has subtitles -




In case you are tired of trying to pause on it to read, the text on the note reads: 
Gather as many witnesses as you you can before the snow sticks to the ground. That's when they'll come for us.
 This next clip includes the behind-the-scenes BD2 footage that is shown prior to the clip above -





Mr. Snarky and I had the flu last week so I've spent all my recent days trying not to hack up a lung or get anyone else sick, so I'll need to live vicariously through the rest of you... Did you attend a midnight release party??? Were people freaking out or too tired to be jacked up by the time midnight rolled around??? Did you host a party for friends to watch the dvd once you had it in your hot little hands??? And more importantly, what do you think of the teaser clip??? Are you more psyched for November and wishing you had a time machine, or are you rolling your eyes and whispering "I can't believe the won't get it right in one freaking movie!" to yourself??? Spill it in the comments...

Me? My fave shots are in the second "making of" video clips - I LOVE red-eyed vampire Bella! The blink-and-you'll-miss-it shot showing what is probably Bella's first hunt looks promising... She looks awesome when they show her after she's just "woken up" next to her hospital bed...

Speaking of Breaking Dawn 2, wanted to  throw it out there that Elizabeth Reaser has generously donated a screening for one winner and 20 of their friends (with a special introduction by an unnamed cast member... Definitely RPatts, right?! Ooooor one of the lesser wolf pack characters - one of those, for sure...) to be held on November 15th in either New York or Los Angeles. You can check out this special auction on eBay - as of this writing, there are no bids, so who knows? Honestly, we considered trying to raise money for this, but just found out about it the other day, and figure it's a little rich for our blood anyway. The minimum bid is $5000 and that amount does not meet the reserve price, which for you non-eBayers means that the winning bid would need to be some as-yet-to-be-discovered amount over five grand.

Nevertheless, it's for a good cause and we hope they do well. Proceeds benefit Make It Right, a non-profit working to build safe, sustainable homes for New Orleans' families who lost everything in Hurricane Katrina. They also works with community groups in Newark, Kansas City and other areas to provide energy-efficient, affordable housing for disabled veterans, senior adults and low-income families).

Oh - and if I win the lottery before this auction ends on February 15th, it'll be a very Twitarded private screening! Can you imagine the debauchery??? The saucy, possibly sparkly and penis-shaped party favors?! Personalized flasks for everyone!

21 comments:

  1. I pre-ordered from Amazon back in January. I kept checking all weekend and their web site indicated my dvd would be "shipping soon"! WTF???

    So this morning I went to Wally-World with my Christmas gift cards and bought a blu-ray player & the Bella's wedding dress special edition. Of course, when I got home I received a notice that my package from Amazon has been shipped! Whatever.

    I already have duplicate dvd sets from the other movies, so that's no big deal. Ima hold out for the R-rated Super Special Anniversary Edition Director's Cut with more-deleted-scenes-than-you-can-stand (Edward's Sparkle Peen Dildo included) Boxed Set version on blu-ray. (Please, please, please Lionsgate, make it happen!)

    I'm still not excited about next November, and I won't be unless we get the word that there will be hot monkey vampire sex!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HATE that about Amazon - they only seems to ship stuff fast when if doesn't matter - if it's something you are DYING for, it always takes forever. Boo!

      Delete
    2. @TheRugbymom: I am in the same boat. I f*ing hate Amazon's shipping policies anymore! Used to be if you preordered something, it would arrive on the day it was released. I actually complained to Amazon about it this time, and there explanation was that anytime you choose the "super saver shipping" it takes more time to ship. But that doesn't explain to me why they wait for 4 days after something is released to even ship it out!

      Delete
  2. I'm picking up my Target dvd tomorrow. I have to (HAVE TO) get through tomorrow first. Then I will curl up on my couch and watch a few times :)

    Both Red-eyed & Amber-eyed Bella are looking fuckhawt, and I cannot wait to see some "R-rated Super Special Anniversary Edition Director's Cut with more-deleted-scenes-than-you-can-stand (Edward's Sparkle Peen Dildo included)" action. Rugbymom is on the right page.

    If I get a shit ton of money in time for the auction, I'm bidding. And then I'll create a Wipe-Out style competition for any of my fellow Twitards who want to join me. It will be Twilight-themed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They REALLY should hook up with those nice folks at Tantus where they make the sparkle peens - lol...

      Delete
  3. I was going to slip out and go to a midnight party, but the some damn international rugby group decided to have their tournament in Vegas this past weekend so my hubby left me with the kids. I don't think it's really that cool to leave them home alone while I slip out to the nearest party so I missed it.

    To be honest, I haven't even made it to the store yet to buy one, but for the love of all that is holy, TwiKiwi50 if you want me to buy you one and ship it to NZ I'll do it if you want to pick up the tab. Not sure if the cost of shipping a DVD to NZ is worth the 5 weeks time, but I know some people's priorities around here are pretty twi-centric and I'm willing to do the footwork for ya if you really can't stand the wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT is the sweetest thing ever but sadly I don't think a US dvd will play for poor TwiKiwi50. :(

      Delete
    2. Why? Do they turn anti-clockwise or something? Like the toilet?

      Delete
    3. Lila! I live in Vegas too!!!!!!!! I also missed the midnight party because I was out with a friend and her family. I still haven't bought it and now I feel like a bad Twitard. Maybe I will go out and buy it later as a last day of vacation celebration gift

      Delete
  4. Gah! I have watched that clip probably 6 times already. I adore Vampy Bella & cannot wait to see the interaction between her & Edward throughout Breaking Dawn part 2. I now also have the urge to finish reading BD. I started about 6 mos ago, and only got to the honeymoon part. I need to keep going because I forget a lot of what happens in the end. I guess I have another 9 mos to go.

    Hope you're feeling better STY!

    xo J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen looks pretty gorgeous as a vampire, finally no dark crap-brown human-Bella contacts! - and did no one mention that Rob bites his lower lip after they kiss in this scene?!!!? That moment alone makes this my fave preview clip of all time. yum yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "How about a bath?" was awesome. Must admit. And then she smiles, thinking "Gah, always with the sex with this guy. Well...alright." Ha. A bath! Her hair looks great, I think. His too! Holy crap, now I'm excited! Didn't think that was going to happen. Fell better, STY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Duh, feel better! Don't fall *or* fell better. Don't want you in more pain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOE IS ME. Yep, and a whole other bunch of people around the world, glaring jealously at America. Now, I know, I got to see it in cinemas first, I should quit moaning.. but that was one day, people. NOT FIVE GOD DAMNED WEEKS.

    So can I get a March 15 SQUEEE from any Aussies, Brits, etc?

    And yes, Kristen looks amazeballs. As we knew she would. Hey, Bill, when is the director's cut coming out? Hint, hint...

    PS I haven't been to Twitarded in a while, usually read your posts via Flipboard at the moment, me likey the restructured comments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I LOVE being able to reply to comments! But methinks nobody ever reads the replies I write lol...

      Delete
  9. Just got my copy of Breaking Dawn and I thought you should know it came with an "EXCLUSIVE! U.S. Armed Forces Collectible Coin.". It's...um...fabulous. Who needs special features when I got a coin??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Armed Forces?? Really? I don't recall them helping the Cullens to fight the Volturi... how random.

      Delete
  10. I have to say, the best part of that second video was when it faded to the logo and you could see three people recording it!! I laughed very, very heartily.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazon is saying that they are still trying to locate them to ship to me... I could scream@!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grrrrrrrrrrr >.< We don't have the DVD in the UK yet either *stomps foot* (and thank you, TwiKiwi50, for pointing this out). Though, I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I'm off to see Bel Ami at a movie theatre in London in March 9 (when it goes on general release here in the UK) :-P I'll try not to gloat too much. When is it being released in the US?

    ;-)

    CC x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are our life now. Leave one!