Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Have You Seen the New SWatH Trailer?

As I sat riveted to The Voice last night (yes I watch it so stfu), they teased me mercilessly with promises of a sneak peek at Snow White and the Huntsman which opens on June 1st. I think I've mentioned before how fucking excited I am to see this movie. (Apparently I'm not the only one.) And not just because Kristen Stewart plays a bad ass, sword swinging Snow White. Nope. I'm most exited to see Charlize Theron as the uber diabolical, soul sucking Evil Queen Ravenna.

 If you missed it, take a look at the new and improved trailer:

 

I think the article at forbes.com said it best, "this new trailer of SWatH is so full of delicious action and mesmerizing imagery that once upon a time never looked so here and now." I'm not going to lie, I had chills people. Real goosebump-covered arms. Which I'm sure was mostly from the scary-ass shit that happens in this trailer. I'm not sure it was quite as scary as the dolls I came across last weekend at a creepy antique junk barn, but it was pretty freaking creepy. You've got to swing a mean sword to survive in this world.


She would make an excellent zombie killer.

The extended trailer gives us more of a taste of KStew as Snow -- and she actually does have a speaking role. And do I detect a hint of an English accent? I'm anxious to see how well she pulls that off -- errr, maybe she had a good *cough* coach *cough*? Despite whether or not she can believably deliver her lines, one thing is for certain: it looks like she's going to kick some major fucking ass.

I could go on and on about how Charlize Theron is going to tear this role up. She scares me. Like straight up makes me quake in my boots. The deepness of her voice, the slow deliberate delivery of her lines, and her obvious deranged mind -- I haven't been this afraid of her since her role in Monster.

And let's not forget her amazingly awesome wardrobe...

And look, I almost went the entire post without mentioning a hot guy. Oh yeah, the Huntsman. He is mentioned in the movie title but his part seems so minuscule from the trailer. I'd like to invite him to my dark forest...

Errr... yum.

If you think this trailer is sensational, then take a look at this 5 minute sneak peak from Xfinity. Total spoiler alert -- it actually does show a full-ish scene from the movie so if you're keeping yourself pure for the movie, you may want to skip this. But I recommend not.

Chills, people. Chills.

18 comments:

  1. Seriously, I love dark interpretations of fairy tales. This trailer makes me so giddy for SWatH! Cannot wait!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally giddy! Do you watch Grimm? That's some dark fairy tale shit. Good show.

      Delete
  2. Snow White is going to kick some ass !! I absolutely cannot wait for this movie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always pictured Snow White as a happy skippy dwarf loving chick. I had no idea how much of a bad ass she really is.

      Delete
  3. I KNOW I KNOW I KNOOOOOWWWW!!!!! I am SO glad I remembered that Comcast was doing their preview thing. I sat and watched every single preview clip with my jaw on the fucking floor. This movie is going to be EPIC!!!!! Charlize is gonna tear that shit UP. She is one scary mother fucker. That evil stare? Shivers. After Monster, I will never, EVER get on that bitch's bad side. Damn.

    And then I see a preview for the Julia Roberts version, I kind of throw up in my mouth a little. It won't be able to compete. I can bring any dude to SWatH (which totes makes me think "snatch" for whatever reason) and he will appreciate that badassness. I also like that they FINALLY showed us the dwarves. I was starting to think there weren't going to do it at all...

    BRING.IT.ON.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree 100%. The Julia Roberts one makes me cringe.

      I think they showed pictures of the dwarfs at Comic-con although they were about cagey about them so I wondered if they would show up or not.

      Delete
    2. I totally agree. I have absolutely no interest in seeing Mirror, Mirror. Just the fucking television commercial makes me want to vomit. I'd like to see Charlize and Julia in a steel cage evil queen death match.

      Delete
  4. I am ready to see this movie too!! It will be epic. I get chills as well.

    Screw that 14 second BD2 teaser that came out today. What a joke.
    Give me more SWatH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 14 second my ass. There was only like 8 seconds of actual content. Made me want to push my computer right off my desk today!

      Delete
  5. I am so excited for this movie! KStew looks awesome and Chalize frightens me. I can't wait. Loved the trailer.

    Now, what do you think my odds are of getting Mr. XKR to dress up together as SWatH for Halloween? I tried to make him be Peeta to my Katniss a few years ago and he refused. Loser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look kickass! I mean SnowBella cliff dives and then hangs out in a magical meadow! Who knew we'd get a chance to see KStew act out those scenes ever again?

    I love the updates they have made to the story just with the special effects alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you did... you're freak'n hilarious!

      Delete
  7. I'm more thrilled about SWATH than THG. This movie looks so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So we have a few movies to look forward to in the spring (this weekend! HG FTMFW! and then Bel Ami!), this summer (SWatH!), and then there's that little movie we all want to see coming out in the fall... WOOOOOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy fuckballs, that looks amazing. *goosebumps* You're all right about Mirror, Mirror. It doesn't even compare to the awesomeness of SWatH! Can't freaking wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm looking forward to seeing this! I watched the preview on The Voice. Glad I have the DVR, cause I hit rewind a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can.not.wait!

    Every time I see the trailer in the theater I hold my breath and get goosebumps. Can not wait!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are our life now. Leave one!