Sunday, May 6, 2012

I Have a TV and I Know How to Use It. Sort of.

Since this television season is nearly over, I thought it was about Twitarded time I did a post on the shows pwning me. I must preface this by saying that we pretty much only use the TV to watch college football and might as well throw our cable money into the garbage can the other seven months of the year. We usually go so long between stints of talking box watching that finding the remote becomes a full contact sport.

Mr. TK is notorious for walking off with it, so we usually find the remote in the bathroom, a closet, or the freezer. 

Ironically, we decided to give this whole television thing a whirl because we saw some promising commercials aired during football games. OICwhatyoudidthere, networks. Very clever. Very clever, indeed. Latchkey Wife already did a post on Once Upon a Time, and that is one of the best shows I've ever seen. You know, of the half dozen other shows I've ever watched. Whatever. I still love it. It's smart and funny, and takes everything you thought you knew about children's literature and turns it on its head. 

I think it comes on Sunday at 8pm Eastern on ABC. IDK. Look it up. I'm not the damn TV Guide. 

Another show that's grown on us is New Girl. I think it's on Fox Wednesday or Thursday. I can't be bothered to remember these things. Either way, it stars Zooey Deschanel, and she is possibly the cutest person ever. It's just an adorable, campy sitcom about a girl on the heels of a breakup who moves in with three guy friends. Each episode is better than the last. I didn't love it at first, but now I can't wait for a new episode to air...whatever day it comes on.

Do NOT Google image search "new girl." That's apparently code for "aging prostitute with lopsided breasts." I'm not even kidding. Just trust me on this.

Lastly, we have fallen in love with the BBC Sherlock. We missed last season, but caught it on Netflix. The second season starts tonight and I really can't wait until I have time to watch it. (Hmmm, June 2014 looks wide open.) There are only three episodes per season, which is a CRIME. This season has already aired in the UK, and I hear it's amazing. Check it out if you get a chance.

Check out these otters that look like Benedict Cumberbatch. You'll be glad you did.

Is there anything you are watching that is a must-see? More importantly, has anyone seen my remote?

14 comments:

  1. I know you said to trust you on this, but alas, that's not in my nature. So, wow. I'm sorry to say that the lopsided boobs is not even the weirdest thing in the "new girl" google image search. I'll be haunted by the massive eyed, big headed doll forever.The cartoony body builder chick is also the thing that nightmares are made of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone who knows me knows that I am obsessed with The Walking Dead, despite the numerous times I have bitched about how the series deviated from the comics (and because the show killed off too many of my favourite characters already). At least they introduced Michonne so far, so all's good.

    Avatar: The Legend of Korra is a great show. TK, I think your son might like this show if he's into cartoons. There's action, mobsters, and a variation of baseball based on wielding the elements called Pro-Bending.

    I also got into My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (and not because there's a character named Twilight Sparkle). It's great because the characters are well rounded and there are interesting story lines (i.e. this isn't your older sister's My Little Pony.) You have characters in this incarnation fighting against dragons, parasites, and an evil changeling queen who kidnapped a member of pony royalty on her wedding day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been cutting way back on TV and I don't really get into any non-reality series, so I'm down to the basics: Selling New York, 16 and Pregnant, and Biggest Loser (which just ended - and hoooooray, I'm so glad the right person won!). I even just completed National Screen Free Week... which I modified for myself to no TV at all and no internet in the evenings. I discovered that I am actually a much happier person if I read for an hour at night than if I while away an hour on mindless internety stuff (which is why I usually read Twitarded in the morning... It is NOT mindless). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This isn't a good question to ask me for I watch far too much TV. But if you're not watching Revenge, you haven't lived. BEST FUCKING SHOW ON TV RIGHT NOW!! Although Once Upon a Time is a close second. I won't bore you with all my loves... *cough* Vampire Diaries *cough*. I can't wait until my Zombies are back on though. LOVE that show so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Revenge and OUaT!!
    I never have time and we don't have cable either, so if it isn't online I don't get to see it :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. When we had cable I loved watching Ghost Adventures, Destination Truth, The Dead Files, GHC, River Monsters, & True Blood. Now that we only have Netflix, Hulu, & Amazon Streaming media I watch New Girl, Hart of Dixie, Vampire Diaries, & Grimm. I wish I could get HBO & watch True Blood still.
    :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once Upon a Time hasn't been on that long over here in UK but I really am loving it right. Also Hart of Dixie started last week and that seems really good so far too.

    Oh just to say you mentioned Sherlock, it was broadcast over here a while ago and yes it was rather good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband and I watch mostly Discovery and History Channel stuff. *coughNERDScough* But, we never miss The Office cuz that shiz is just funny. The only other network sitcoms we watch are The Middle, which makes me lol and Suburgatory, which is clever and hilarious.TK - maybe your remote is at my house where it can be used to its fullest potential.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I swear I used to never watch TV. I didn't even OWN a television for most of my twenties but I am now catching up on lost boob-tube time. The amount of shows I've been watching these past two years is fucking insane.

    Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy, American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, Vampire Diaries... and whatever shit I can stream from Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also watch way too much TV. Must watch shows for me are: Bones, NCIS, The Mentalist & Once Upon a Time.

    My boys have to watch wrastling twice a week plus three NASCAR races. Upgrading to DVR was one of the best things we ever did.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Revenge is great. Sherlock is a favorite - we are DVRing them. Two Broke Girls is fun. The Vampire Diaries is one of my faves. My hubby loves Grimm and we enjoyed Awake but it was cancelled.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are our life now. Leave one!