Tuesday, May 1, 2012

T-Shirts I Might Need. Maybe.

At some point in my relatively recent past - maybe five or six years ago - I essentially gave up wearing too-clever, snarky novelty t-shirts. In one wine-and-What-Not-To-Wear fueled session, I purged my closet of them all - I gave my faves to Jenny Jerkface, but I think they have since landed in her "donate" pile, too. With the exception of my precious Twitarded tees, I rarely if ever emblazon my boob area with words people need to read.

I'm not sure I exactly regret that purge, but sometimes I see a cute novelty tee and am very veeeery tempted to start a new collection. I somehow wandered over to RoadKill T-Shirts today (damn you, clever sidebar ads!) and I think I might need to clear some drawer space for me and my bloggy partners in crime...

 Clearly this one is for JJ...


This one I see on Texas Katherine...


 Obviously this one is for Latchkey Wife, although she doesn't drink coffee.
Nevertheless...

This one is pretty much for all of us...
...if you replace "shiny" with "sparkly," anyway.

 ...aaaand this one is mine, obvs.

And then a bunch of them were just amusing enough to make me want to take a few steps backwards in the wardrobe department...


Yup.

This one got me, too.

And I am not even going to talk about the 327 t-shirts that might allow me to publicly profess my love for bacon on my chest.

 OK maybe just one...

P.S. Our Twitarded bestieTwiKiwi50/FutureGirl has a Twitarded in Forks 2011 t-shirt that she would like to pass along to another Twitard - she has lost over fifty pounds - FIFTY+! - and sadly this doesn't fit her anymore. Well, sadly because now she won't have a Twitarded 2011 shirt anymore - sniff! - but it's fantastic that her health and fitness efforts have been paying off! She lives in the future in New Zealand but has graciously offered to mail this to pretty much anywhere in the world-ish. Size 2x - email me (snarkierthanyou @ gmail.com) if you can give it a new loving home! And thanks for being awesome, TwiKiwi! Update!!! We have a WINNAH!!! And the t-shirt goes tooooooo NIX HAW!!! Congrats!



31 comments:

  1. I love the Bacon one and the "Drinks Well With Others." In fact, that would make a great new blog title for you gals....don't ya think? It's perfect!

    Thoughts?

    xo J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. would have been great, had we thought if it lol... (although probably taken - EVERYTHING is taken!)

      Delete
  2. Hilarious! I get a catalogue from "What On Earth" that has pages and pages of these funny T's...and I like to scroll through the offerings at CafePress...so many great Twishirts to choose from!

    @Twired Jen...I like that title too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, STY, I believe I still have a few of those that are in my "one day when I lose weight and can fit into them pile" which is pretty much going to turn into the "fuck it, its been 10 years" donate pile. But they were cool.

    I love all those shirts.

    And I pooped today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Rob should have the I have a dig bick shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah. I even read THAT wrong. I'm a slow learner.

      Delete
  5. Go TwiKiwi50! 50+ pounds? Good on ya'!

    I thought I was losing weight too, but it's all behind me now!

    Thumbs up for all of the awesome tees. I would wear them to sleep in, since I share my bed with a New Moon shirtless Edward body pillow. (Thanks Red Bella!) He doesn't care what I wear to bed.

    Thanks for sharing. I did NOT poop today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm....I purged a lot too, but have a few I couldn't part with and have collected some new ones I'll never wear because, like JJ, I just want to fit into them one day and prolly never will...BUT, you got me thinking, maybe you could start a new collection and then make a blanket. But not a weirdly PERFECT Twilight-esque quilt but a cut-at-weird-angles-and/or-shapes-kinda-quilt that maybe looks like a toddler did it. Maybe rough and fun looking? I dunno, maybe I should lay off the drugs...and bad punctuation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of a t-shirt quilt! I'll have to ask JJ to give those shirts back lol...

      Delete
  7. I used to love wearing novelty shirts...and then my boobs grew, and grew, and grew. I knew they weren't for me anymore when during Forks2011 I made poor Michael Bolton look like Drop Dead Fred when he got his head smashed in the fridge. Lesson learned! No faces in front of my chest..that are on a tshirt

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love going on tshirthell.com and roadkill they give me endless hours of enjoyment, I'd never wear them... best I'll do is shirts specific to events which consists of Twilight and sports.

    My favorite funny shirt that applies to me is "It's okay if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right." I'm always right about everything :)

    Way to go TwiKiwi!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *snorts* i fell right into the I Got A Dig Bick trap. How dare you expose our collective illiteracy. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so proud of my mate over the ditch @Twikiwi50. I meet her soon, can't wait!
    Yes Rob needs the I've got a dig bick t-shirt.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe! Only a few more weeks!

      Delete
  11. These t-shirts crack me up! I'm all about the ridiculously cheap clothing at the moment, for obvious reasons!

    Thank you for your really lovely words. This life change has been a long time coming for me and I am loving every second of it.

    FYI - loads of twitards asked me to write a post about my experiences to try and help share some inspiration. You can check it out at this link if you're interested:

    http://twikiwi.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/losekristen-weight-loss-project-update.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've said it before and I'll say it again: you are amazing!

      Delete
  12. Me me me me! *emails STY* I love t-shirts. I collect em and am seriously considering making a trip T quilt! I've never quilted so...

    I have a very loving home for @TwiKiwi50's Twitarted T-shirt. I have none so it will be loved and cared for and washed with extra fabric softener ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you win! Yay! Please go easy on the fabric softener (sorry, I'm not a fan lol). Wear it in good health!

      And thanks TwiKiwi for paying it forward. Or just being an awesome person & all that good stuff.

      xo

      Delete
    2. Aww. So many awesome people all in one place, I loves it!

      Congratulations Nix! It'll be in the post just as soon as I...er.... get around to it ;-)

      Delete
  13. My shirt is a perfect choice for me. I don't own any novelty tee's, but the funny sayings always tempt me. Damn their cleverness!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these kind of tshirts. I also still buy them. I really like 80'sTees.com also. HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I sleep n t's..I like them. I'm actually a collector of band T's and even have one from Roadside Graves. It's my thing. I like T's. And I like you. The end .

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know why blogger will never let me reply directly underneath anyone's comments, but maybe it's just gently trying to tell me something.

    Anyway...

    STY - love the shirts and thanks for the laugh!
    JJ - so glad you're still staying regular
    TwiKiwi - I'm so proud of you!!!! That is such a fabulous accomplishment :)

    Also, ZAnyMouse has been collecting Twi t-shirts for while now to make a quilt and I'm sure she'd love anyone's discards or just to chat about quilty things.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will collect Life is Good tees until the day I die. I love them and can't be without them. And my Twitarded tees will be with me forever too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice blog.I like tshirt very much.This is very useful for all..I will inform my friends about this site..Thanks for the useful information...Good work.

    Tshirt Design

    ReplyDelete
  19. This post is different from what I read on most blog. And it has so many valuable things to learn. Thank you for your sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are our life now. Leave one!