Tuesday, July 31, 2012

And here I thought I was a cat person...

I love animals. OK I love eating some of them, but I love the ones that I don't view in terms of tastiness, too. As an adult, I have always had cats, but I'm an equal-opportunity rescuer and one day hope to give a dog a forever home. Or at least I was, until I saw this and started planning on my inevitable adoption of a baby walrus:



Yeah  yeah I know that eventually he will turn into one of those mammoth two-ton tusky beasts who eats his weight in whatever it is that walruses eat on a daily basis, and he'll have that weird "come-hither-lady-walruses" phallic thing flopping all over his face, but still. I showed this video to my MIL yesterday morning and she's already packing her bags from sunny Florida and heading to Alaska immediately. I am sure that "abandoned baby walrus nanny" is an in-demand profession there and we both decided it's probably something that pays really well and her son and I will come visit her and her huge surrogate baby as soon as I figure out how to get Mr. Snarky on a plane. Or maybe she should just have the lil' guy shipped to Florida (the walrus, not Mr. Snarky - although he really is overdue for a visit). They have a pool AND live on the water, plus they just got a new puppy who probably needs a friend. I see great things in our collective future.

If you don't melt a little when you see that big ball of baby walrus mush sidle up to that guy and practically climb into his lap, you should check your pulse because there is a strong possibility that you no longer have one and should seek help immediately.

15 comments:

  1. OK, 1. They didn't show any pee or poop. I need to know what size puddles and turds we're looking at when it comes time to clean up.
    2. I noticed that guy was wearing rubber pants. I'm not really into that kinky wardrobe stuff, but I'm thinking it's probably required Personal Protective Equipment when wrangling walruses (walruii?).
    3. I'm curious about the potential size of the peen of that thing when he grows up. Can you imagine that puppy humping your leg?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snarky,

    Have you seen the video of the walrus dancing to Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal? Go find it, you'll watch it more then once. Promise. I would add it here but I dont know how.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what happened, then? Well, in Whoville they say - that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day....

    I have all these feelings now. I don't like it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's the sleep deprivation, but this made me laugh so hard.

      Delete
  4. OMG I die *heart melts* Sign me up for one baby walrus please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WANT ONE! The baby I have is no longer interested in snuggling, so I am in need of some good baby cuddle time. Although... I'm concerned that the baby walrus could easily sit on both the cat and the baby. And one day, me. Maybe I'll just visit. On YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right now happy things on the internet are a necessity. THANKS Cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Petite lap walrus?! Apparently the Russians have those lap giraffes (Flove those commercials!), why can't I have a little walrus!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. How could you not be touched by a stranded baby walrus being cared for by this organization? Living in Hawaii, it's hard not to be an activist, especially for creatures in the oceans. Nothing witty to say here, only that it was a very cute video.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG freaking adorable. I like how his hind flipper kicks a little when his chest is scratched, just like a dog. I would love that job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Damn it! I did not come here to cry *sobs* that was so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wish he stayed that size. I am not a fan of the walrus - it is a very short list if animals I do not like - but a baby walrus might just be ok

    ReplyDelete

Comments are our life now. Leave one!