Sunday, November 13, 2011

Twilight Gets the Butt-head Treatment. Or Something Like That.

No, you are not having an acid flashback. Beavis and Butt-head is back. I'm going to assume everyone reading this is old enough to remember Beavis and Butt-head. (Never tell me if you aren't.) I think the show has been off the air for fourteen years or so, but the creators have resuscitated the characters and brought them back to your TV screen.

Heh-heh.

Pretty much no subject matter was too taboo for them to mock in the past, and they wasted no time taking on... [Say it. Out loud.] Twilight. You can watch the full episode here when MTV fixes their site so you can watch videos again. Irony is ironic. To give you a general synopsis, the dynamic duo clue into the fact that Twilight equals chics. They sneak into Eclipse and you can pretty much guess what happens from there.


This video is a little Blair Witch Project-y, so take your motion sickness pills.

After that, they decide they really need to become mythical creatures to draw in the babes. Naturally, they ask a probable werewolf / homeless man to bite them. Spoiler alert: He's not up to date on his shots.





If possible, this video quality is worse than the other one.


I wonder if they're seeing dust motes right about now.
[As an aside, it would bother the fuck out of me to become immortal and see dust flying around all the time. Thanks for ruining the dream, Stephenie Meyer.]

Happy Premiere Week, everyone! Be safe.

12 comments:

  1. You're in good company. I remember those idiot enough to shake my head in denial that people actually want to watch this crap again. And by people I mean pubescent boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I remember them very well but I was never a fan either. They creep me out. A few of my guy friends who would imitate that laugh. I would tell them to shut up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in high school at the peak of B and B..I had a boyfriend that would do impressions of them after sex...It was cool until one day when we ran out of pot, and he still did it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved how they cut right to the bone in their analysis of Kristen's acting ability!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! I was about 12 years old when I watched this show and thought it was hilarious. It was kind of a rebellious thing, because my Mom mostly banned us from watching MTV, but this was on late, so she'd be sleeping and we'd watch it. These stupid guys in middle school would always talk and laugh like them...oh, the memories. CORNHOLIO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was a huge Beavis and Butthead fan in the day. Back then I was in highschool, and I have to say, after watching that, my maturity level hasn't changed much. That was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, TheRugbymom! I also enjoyed they're insight into Kristin's "acting" skills....maybe they're not so stupid after all or maybe she's just so weak that it's obvious even to B&B?

    ReplyDelete
  8. i HAVE to find this whole thing! these clips had me clutching my stomach in fits of laughter and I wasn't even stoned like the guy who can't stand still enough to film his television. Dude, we appreciate it, but tripods are CHEAP and you need one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heh-heh. I love Beavis and Butthead. I almost spit out my turkey sandwich watching those! And I agree with @Kerri, clearly I haven't matured much because I laughed hard at these videos. Love it! Thanks for the Monday laugh for those of us who are sitting at home and who are NOT in Tent City getting signed copies of BD from SM and preparing to meet the Twifecta.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! Before my sons became #Thing1 and #Thing2 they were, in fact, Beavis and Butthead! This was based on the fact that, as babies, they made similar *snivelling* sounds.

    I sh*t you not!

    Thank you so much for sharing these vids! I can't wait to see them again (um, just after I've got over all the #BD1 stuff - you understand...)

    CC x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this goes without saying but I FLOVED Beavis & Butthead back in the day. But only when they made fun of the music videos.

    Music videos. Wow. I forgot that MTV even had music videos at one point.

    Those vids were hysterical, even if the first one did make me a little seasick. I'm with STY - get a tripod, dude!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad you posted this as I missed seeing it the first time. Of course I am at work now so I will still have to wait but now I can find it easily. I still quote B&B which probably seems like something I wouldn't know but alas I do :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are our life now. Leave one!