Monday, January 9, 2012

Pinterest is the Devil

A few days ago I got an invitation on Facebook from my cousin Double_Dippin for Pinterest. I've heard people talk about this site and shit they've "pinned." Sounded sort of weird and really boring to me. And since you need an invite to get on and browse around, I never actually knew what it was all about.

This "P" should stand for Prince of Darkness because Pinterest IS the Devil.

So I signed up and then yelled to my coworker in the office next to me for immediate help since I knew she was hooked on it already. I had know idea what the fuck I was doing. She (my coworker) was so excited I had come over to the dark side and showed me a few quick things to get me up and running. Aaaaaand know I might be slightly addicted.

This will eventually be the reason I get fired from my job.

Honestly, I thought this site was pretty much exclusively for women who had kids and did crafty shit and boy was I wrong. I'm in it for the food specifically. I'm convinced Pinterest is going to negate any weight I lose from exercising. The food I've "repinned" makes my stomach growl. I have about 20 new recipes to try and if you know me at all, you know I despise cooking. I would rather have dental surgery than have to cook dinner. So most nights, I put only the minimum effort into whatever it is I'm throwing together. Now I have recipes I'm actually excited about trying. I found one for a Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili that looks scrumptious.

I love anything I can do in my crock pot!! The height of cooking laziness.

I definitely have a sweet tooth when it comes to cooking - I would much rather bake yummy desserts than actual dinner-y type foods. My Yummalicious board on Pinterest is loaded with mouth-watering sweets. For example, today I found this Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies n' Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar. Sounds and looks absolutely sinful. I can almost hear my thighs expanding just thinking about eating this. It is taking all of my willpower to NOT run right to the grocery store for the ingredients to create this masterpiece.

*drool* *drool* FUCKING *drool*

If you're interested...here's the link to the recipe. If you do make it, please send me an email describing in great detail the orgasmic experience you had while eating it all ooey-gooey fresh from the oven. I can't believe how much my mouth is watering just thinking about eating this piece of heaven.

I'm still not entirely sure how this Pinterest thing works -- like how do I "pin" stuff? But fuck me, I'm completely addicted! @MyAfterCar warned me about this happening. Shame on me for not heeding her warning. Must. Pin. Everything!

23 comments:

  1. Bahaha!! It is crack! Like Charla said...I agree, I may be in big trouble with all the delishousness on there. I have become a pinning whore...the shit goes on forever...so many things to see, don't worry, you'll getbthe hang of it...I have tried 2 recipes so far, both were scrumptious..the crockpot Mac n cheese I also made blackened chicken..and the crockpot creamy chicken ..you can tell were related #lovethecrockpot

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so screwed! Pinterest is my massive time suck at work, worse than almost anything else. Statuses can only update so often on Facebook but pinterest always has something new! There is shit that cracks me up, makes me cry, makes me 'awwwwww' and then there's the food!! Holy crap I've made so much stuff off here and like you, I prefer the desserts to anything that looks remotely like a complete meal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am currently taking a break from - no joke - Pinterest to check Twitarded :) Welcome to the dark side!! It's freaking addictive. I've made a bunch of recipes from there and am doing some crafty stuff too. One Pinterest craft is in my lap right now! And then your sweet cousin pins all kinds of yummy eye candy.

    The more people you follow, the more stuff you see, like fb. So, follow everyone you can! Otherwise you end up like me... constantly hitting refresh hoping for some new pins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! What's awesome is, I have Twitarded pinned! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey guys sorry to comment something totally unrelated to this post, but im wondering if you can point me in the direction of details you have of your Forks trip, itineries of what you did or something? A friend and i are making the trip there this year. I have read the blog posts about your trip which were great. My main question is what am i going to do when the Twilight novelty wears off haha....are there any bars in Forks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got my invite yesterday. I can see now that I will want to murder my own cousin for this effing site.
    Just what my house and kids need, one more reason for me to not pay attention to them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If Pinterest is the Devil, I'm going to hell in a DIY basket.

    Now find me so we can admire each others' addictions. Lindsay Rae. Make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG That chocolate fudge brownie thingy looks ORGASMIC.

    I tweetjacked @MyAfterCar, @AllTwiedUp et al the other day about Pinterest... but then something shiny caught my eye and I never got around to going on there.

    Perhaps I should stay away on purpose. Lord knows I have enough time sucking websites in my library of addiction...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankfully for me I'm a technological idiot and have absolutely no clue how to use Pinterest.

    But I will totally kick your ass, LKW, if I figure it out. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I've ever heard of this...maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah, and my name on Pinterest is jennyjerkface. In case anyone wants to be my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pinterest? Must be a Luddite cuz I gots no clue what you're talking about...anyone else with me?

    Wait....don't tell me *sticks fingers in ears and says lalalala* I don't need another time sucker....fanfic and Twitarded are more than enough for me to neglect my RL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one time-suck that hasn't gotten my yet [read: I am with @Papercut and don't know how it works, so have thus far escaped the evil Pinterest clutches...]. Maybe something new to tinker with in the iPad - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jenny, Jenny, Jenny....you have no boards. You have no pins! I followed you, but there's nothing there. We need to teach you how to pin.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All I had to do was look at what Jenny Lawson (aka The Bloggess) is doing on Pinterest - it is amazing! Jenny I am sure you would love her stuff... STY you know you want to do it... -Sister Snarky

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have an account but haven't really started doing anything or browsed just yet. I think I'm afraid that once I start I won't be able to stop myself!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pinterest is definitely a time suck, but I have found some great stuff on there! A lot of great recipes, and a ton of ideas for projects to do with my preschool class. My kids love all the new activities I'm bringing in - all found from spending 5 minutes (aka 2+ hours...) on the site!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pinterest scares me...why? Because I know myself and I know I will get addicted and I have no time for such addictions. I am scared. Someone hold me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have Twitarded, JJ and STY pinned!!!!!!! Actually my favorite thing about Pinterest is looking at The Bloggess's kick ass stuff board

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gah! Stop talking. I don't even tweet or use twitter at all *hangs head in shame and fears being shunned* and now this Pinterest thing. Make it stop. Too much technology to waste my time. How am I supposed to read FF, do this other stuff and still contribute to society? Let's not even mention that I have a family to manage! Curse you all!

    I need a technical advisor/mentor

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sooo, got 2 invites abd used my FB account to create my pinterest, but nothing happened. Any ideas? Was i supposed to be able to create boards immediately?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I made that cookie brownie fudge Oreo dessert. It was heavenly. I used premade cookie dough cuz I'm lazy. And surprisingly, it was better a few days later than straight from the oven. Never got around to eating it with ice cream though...

    ReplyDelete
  23. So how do I follow you? Also I pinned this blog post as the best twilight blog. I love you guys....and I love pinterest.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are our life now. Leave one!