I can't believe it, but it's finally here!!! After months and months of paying little attention to the countdown widgets scattered everywhere in the Twilight blogosphere, I now get excited every time I come across one (and almost had a heart attack a week or so back when suddenly a bunch of the counters inexplicably said 000:00:00:00). I just stare at them, mesmerized... And savor the closeness of the date - the hour - the minute - the second when the movie starts to roll - squeeeeee!!! It's so close that I can taste it! It tastes like sunshine and lavender and honey...and movie-theater popcorn...and vodka.
Needless to say, we've been looking forward to this date for a looong time! Now that it's finally here, I'm screwing on my practical hat and making preparations for the Pilgrimage to Precious, aka the trip to NYC! [Note: this is probably the first, last, and only time you will ever see the word "screw" here at Twitarded in a non-saucy context.]
I'm a planner. And I used to be an efficient planner, too, until Twilight pretty much ruined any chance I'd ever had at living a somewhat normal, semi-organized life (more on that some other time). But I still make lists. If it isn't on the list, it'll be forgotten or won't happen. So here's my "to-do" list of crap I need to take care of prior to lining up for the movie Thursday evening:
1) Make list of stuff I don't want to forget to bring with me (as you other list keepers may know, lists beget more lists and so on and so on...).
2) Figure out a way to lose ten pounds (or so) in 36 hours. My months-out plan to exercise and eat right went to pot...months ago. I swear it was like I did the reverse - I have eaten like a child (only grown-up portions) for the past several weeks and it shows. If you think you see something on my ass should you happen to bump into me on Thursday night, well - you probably do. It's called "remains of every pizza I've eaten in the last month" - not to mention the remnants of the obscene feeding frenzies that sometimes occur at JJ's late on Saturday nights, where we hunch over the table, ripping apart buffalo wings like Neanderthals and devouring fries like they are fucking Ambrosia. We live near a college town, and thus our late-nite delivery options are ridiculously plentiful and also reflective of what every frat boy is looking for at 2 a.m. (aside from a drunk freshman to hook up with). Moving on...
3) Find something totally awesome to wear with my Team Twitarded t-shirt! I haven't scored the boots Kristen Stewart wore as she flounced her hot little "yeah that's right: mine!" self across the tarmac last week [note from JJ: er, I fully plan on buying them tomorrow, fyi], and as far as legging go I am following the "if you were around the first time the fad was hot you shouldn't do a repeat performance" rule (it's for the best - trust me). I'm thinking a nice A-line skirt and the boots that make me feel like a superhero when I put them on (I can do no wrong with this combination; every woman needs the go-to "I feel invincible in this" couple of pieces and these are mine).
4) Get a haircut. 'Cause I am vain (er, you may have reached this conclusion all by yourself at this point if you've been following along here for a while). And it's been at least two months since my last cut (I am cheap, too). Phil - the scissor-wielding genius who cuts my hair and JJ's too - is a hair-layering god and will make everything ok. Plus he has excellent taste in Twilight action figures -
And then there is the all-important list of things to bring!
- Tickets (first things first)
- Twitarded buttons to pass out!
- Camera, FlipCam
- Mini Edward (Bella has to stay at home this time)
- PayPal security key in case we win the auction and need to pay up - fingers crossed!
- Tissues VitaminR70 sent us back when this night seemed SO far off (you'd better make me cry, Chris Weitz!) - thanks VitaminR - you'll be with us in spirit, west-coast doppelganger!
- GPS device for tracking location of Twilight cast (er, or finding our way home)
- Twilight band-aids in case of movie or cast-stalking-related boo-boos. Or in case we get too drinky and bonk into stuff
- My dog-eared copy of Twilight and a Sharpie (hey - you never know! OK I am leaving it at home...grudgingly...because I know that if we manage to find Robert Pattinson - which we won't because he'll be hiding in a hotel room with a certain someone until this frenzy subsides or at least won't be hanging out a bar anywhere near where the movie is showing, which is everywhere - but if we DO there's no way I will ask for an autograph. Nope, I am bumming a smoke and I don't care if it's my first cigarette in eight years - it'll totally be worth it)
- Mace in case some whipper-snapper decides to avenge Robert Pattinson's honor over PantyGate... Joking! Maybe...Try me and find out for yourself. heh-heh.
...and JJ's ready, too - flask? check! Kick-ass boots for when the mace wears off (or even better, while it's still working its magic!) - double check!
SQUEEEEEE!!! Can't wait!!
How are YOU preparing?! Are you freaking out in anticipation?! On overload? Burnt out??? Let us know in the comments!!